The Dangers Of Mould Infestations

It all started with just a few little black spots on the ceiling. Then they spread, and began to look less like a map of an archipelago, and more like a dark continent forming, and growing. As it began to expand down the wall you notice an acrid, nose-stinging stench. Your home is under attack, and the enemy is mould! Not only is it unsightly, but mould is also dangerous to all living things, so you and your family and pets are in imminent danger from the creeping darkness.

If this is happening to you, do not wait another moment, get in contact with mould assessment in Sydney right away as the value of your home, your health, and your very life might depend on it!

If that hasn\’t frightened you enough, let\’s learn more about this toxic invader.

The term \’mould\’ describes a wide range of microorganisms growing in any place they have access to food and moisture. Mould is a type of fungi, and the growths found in homes are sometimes referred to as \’mildew\’. There are three main categories of moulds:

  1. Allergenic moulds – These are not directly toxic on contact, but can trigger the following allergic reactions. Be on the alert for:
    1. Runny or stuffy nose
    1. Sneezing
    1. Watery eyes
    1. Cough and postnasal drip
    1. Itchy eyes, nose and throat
    1. Dry, scaly skin
  2. Pathogenic moulds – These are able to trigger illnesses in people whose immune systems may already be weakened by other conditions, and in some cases cause symptoms by actually growing on or in human and animal tissues and making them sick with an infection called \’mycoses\’.
  3. Toxigenic moulds – these can create their own toxins that are very dangerous leading to severe lung and breathing problems that can even prove to be lethal!

Fortunately for us, mould can be eradicated with registered fungicide, but before you have to resort to that it\’s best to prevent mould from getting a toehold in your home in the first place. The best way to discourage mould is by controlling the amount of moisture it has access to. If you have a leaky roof or pipe, that is prime real estate for mould to set up shop in. It is essential to avoid such water damage, and if it should occur to dry it out within 48 hours.

Mould also likes to live in hard-to-clean places like window screens, so extra care must be taken to stamp it out whenever its presence is discovered. A bleach solution can provide a temporary fix, but mould invades any porous structure, like wallboard, so it\’s just treating the symptom, not the cause.

The Australian government is well aware of the dangers of mould, click here to see what they have to say about it!

Mould is a truly hazardous substance that must be dealt with as soon as it\’s discovered before it can harm you and your home. It\’s always best to get professional help!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *